Free School Meals – Eligibility
To apply for free school meals for your child, you must live in Newcastle and be in receipt of one of the following qualifying benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related employment and support allowance
• Support from the National Asylum Support Service under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Child Tax Credit and not in receipt of Working Tax Credit and a household income below £16,190
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
If you are a young person who receives Income Support or income based Jobseeker’s Allowance in your own right, you are also entitled to receive free school meals.
How to apply?
To apply use the online application form available here.
For further information visit Newcastle City Council’s website here.